Friday, December 1, 2006

Ana Andjelic, Introduction


My name is Ana Andjelic, and I am doing my Ph.D. in Sociology of Media at The New School in New York. I work with dissertation advisers on Columbia University. At Columbia, I work at the two research centers, Columbia Institute for Tele-Information (CITI) and Center for Organizational Innovation (COI). The main areas of my professional and academic interests are digital media, social media, digital branding, relations between media technologies and social organization, changes in media industry, social consequences of ubiquitous connectedness between people, and new forms of social behavior. I am currently doing the fieldwork for my dissertation at the digital marketing company Razorfish, here in New York. In the past, I worked at Human Rights Watch, Committee to Protect Journalists, Freedom House, and Stanhope Center for Communication Policy Research on the freedom of expression and media regulation issues. My past research projects include management of media in transitional societies, development of strategies of media assistance, media ownership concentration issues, and protection of freedom of the press in South East Europe. I received M.A. degree in Media Studies from The New School, and B.A degree in Psychology from University of Belgrade, Serbia. I live in New York.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm hm.. that's quiet interessting but actually i have a hard time visualizing it... I'm wondering what others have to say....