Thursday, December 28, 2006

Zoran Lazovic


My name is Zoran Lazovic and I am a third year PhD student at the Religious Studies Department, University of California Santa Barbara. Currently I am working on my dissertation under the mentorship of Professor Jose Cabezón. I earned a B.Sc. in Psychology at University of Belgrade and M.A. in Buddhist Studies at Naropa University, Boulder, Colorado. My areas of specialization are Indian Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism, History and Theory of Religions, and Sanskrit and Tibetan Languages. My research interests include the development of a theoretical model of Buddhist praxis based on the works of Georges Bataille, Michel Foucault and Henri Lefebvre, and the application of that model on the genre of Buddhist practice manuals. During the fall of 2007 I will begin fieldwork in India and Tibet, where I will continue the translation into English of a pivotal 16th century text called 108 Profound Instructions, a cook book of assorted recipes for enlightenment.

No comments: