Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Dejan Stojakovic



My name is Dejan Stojakovic and I am currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA. My professional and academic interests are in the field of physical and mechanical metallurgy. My area of research is in the physics of microstructure evolution during thermo-mechanical processing of metallic materials. Apart from doing research, I am also involved in teaching. Last year I received the award for The Best Teaching Assistant at Drexel thanks to my students who nominated me for the award. Besides research and teaching I am actively involved in the Graduate Students Network at our department as the chairperson for the sports committee.
Prior to coming to Drexel, I had received a B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering from the College of Engineering at University of Novi Sad, Serbia. After receiving my B.Sc. degree I was offered a position of a teaching and research assistant in the Laboratory of Materials in the Department of Manufacturing. During the two years that I spent at The College of Engineering in Novi Sad, I participated in several conferences in Serbia as well as in Romania and Germany.

No comments: