Saturday, January 20, 2007

Aleksandra Vranic

I completed a third year of High school (eleventh grade) back in Belgrade, and the final year in Boston, thus graduating. A year after I started my Bachelors studies at Wheelock College in Boston and have completed double majors in psychology and theatre earning both BS and BA. At the same school I am currently completing my Masters degree in Language and Literacy Studies. Since I was very much involved in the art world all around, I was cast or have directed and produced many plays in mine and/or other colleges and schools, both in the professional and amateur theatre. My field of study and interest being creativity, I achieved my personal best outside of the theatre world by publishing one story while in High School and a poem recently in a Noble House collection in category “Songs of Honor”, New York. Other than attending college, I do occasional interpreting work, since am a certified translator. This is done in a local refugee organization and an Eye and Ear infirmary of Boston for parents with blind children from different areas of former Yugoslavia. Since my field of study is language, my future career might be focused on the ESL and ELL community, whether teaching or working within the organizations in some other way.

No comments: