Monday, January 29, 2007

Vladimir Petrovic


My name is Vladimir Petrovic and I am a graduate student at the University of Illinois at Chicago. I was born in Novi Sad and I graduated from the University of Belgrade, Department of Molecular Biology and Physiology. Prior to coming to U.S. I also studied at the University of Padova in Italy, Dept. of Biomedical Sciences where I was involved in a project aimed at developing methods for in vivo transfections. Currently I am a student in the department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics graduate program at UIC. My research is focused on the mechanism regulating expression of the FoxM1 transcription factor, a protein that is critical for proliferation of cancer cells. This project is an integral part of the research program conducted in Dr. Costa's laboratory and will have implications on therapy for treatment of human liver cancer.

No comments: