Friday, January 26, 2007

Milica Markovic

My name is Milica Markovic and I am a fourth year MD student at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee. I will be graduating in May 2007, and am currently interviewing for residency training programs in Anesthesiology. I received my B.S. degree in Psychology at Bennington College in Bennington, Vermont. During medical school, my research focus has been primarily related to HIV therapy, and I have also worked on studies in Otolaryngology. My other interests are women’s health, human rights, and domestic violence issues. As a part of International Health Committee, I had an opportunity to invite Dr. Snezana Simic, professor of Public Health at Belgrade University and advisor to Serbian Minister of Health to speak at Vanderbilt’s Medical and Nursing School about Serbian healthcare system in transition. I also worked in Institute of Microbiology at the University of Genoa in Italy and at the Laboratory of Muscle Disease Molecular Biochemistry at Columbia University.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms Markovic,
Very impressive acheivements. I wish you good luck in your residency and future career. I'm sure you will be very successful.

cla said...

Hi Milica!
Do you remember of me? I'm Claudio from Genova... :-)