Friday, January 26, 2007

Ana Petrovic


My name is Ana Petrović and I am doing a Ph.D. at the Department of Geosciences, University of Houston, TX. My research is based on combined application of remote sensing (satellite images), GIS (Geographic Information Systems) and geochemistry in solving different geologic problems- more specifically I’m detecting, mapping, and analyzing rock alterations that are caused by hydrocarbon seepages at several different locations in the United States. Apart from research, I also work as a teaching assistant at the University of Houston. I received my B.S. degree from the Faculty of Mining and Geology in Belgrade, Serbia in 2004, and M.S. degree from the University of Houston, TX, in 2006. I was born and raised in Belgrade, Serbia, but now I live in Houston, TX.

No comments: